Here are some of my favorite Father’s Day ideas:
- Have the kids make something for Dad
- Let Dad do his favorite activity that day even if it’s one he does alone like golf
- Make him dinner and wear his favorite outfit
- Clean his car for him, great one to get the kids involved in
- Have the kids make him a special meal
Guys are pretty easy if they get their favorite foods, do their favorite things and are around the ones they love they’re happy. Honestly there are days when I don’t think guys have evolved much from being caveman so fill their basic needs and they will be thrilled.
Here are some craft ideas that have worked great for us in the past:
- Have the kids make a card. I take construction paper and fold it in half. Then I print off a picture of my son or daughter with the hubs and glue it to the card. Since mine are both young I write the message and then let the kids decorate to their hearts content.
- Have the kids make a big banner for Dad. We have the big roll of white paper and I pull off a long piece write the message on it and let the kids decorate. We trace their hands, throw glitter at it and even paint. The kids are super proud of their artwork and my husband feels special.
- When we moved from TX back to NC I found a really nice smooth rock and let my son paint it. The hubs keeps it at work. It not only reminds him of TX but is also special b/c my son painted it.
- Find a small jar, have the kids paint it and then fill it with his favorite candy. Attach a note from the kids and give it to Dad.
If you do prefer to buy something for Dad then I would highly suggest checking out PromotionCode.org. They have a whole section on Father’s Day coupons to help you save money and you know I love that. While you’re there you may find some coupons for you and the kids too! June doesn’t have to be ALL about Dad after all.